I’ve heard so many times when a business owner tells me that they don’t need online advertising. They say they’ve been running their business for ages without all these internet mumbo jumbo and to tell me the truth they think it’s just another money-making concept designed to cost businesses unnecessary money.
Whenever I talk to a person and that’s his attitude I actually feel sorry for them. The reason for this is that I know there will come a day when his competitors will have cleverly taken his customers from him.
When he realizes something terrible has happened, it will probably be late and be forced to close down.
I know some business owners reading this will give me the middle finger and tell me to shove it but I also know some business owners will take a look at what I’m going to say and start building their online presence.
The most important reason why you must have an online presence is because the market has shifted from taking a day from your work to go and do some shopping to customers doing all their comparing online and once they’ve decided what’s best for them they go directly to that shop or even buy directly online.
Here is a small quote from Forbes that shows how important an online presence is:
Research demonstrates that smaller businesses, by and large, are not maximizing the benefit of their Internet presence.
This may be surprising to hear, and even disappointing to some, but it should be pointed out that those taking advantage of it, are really experiencing significant gains.
You can read the full article on Forbes about an online presence here.
Here are some key reasons why you should have an online presence:
- Having an online presence is like putting your whole business on a poster and showing it to the whole world. Everything about your business is on that poster. The reasons why customers should buy from you. Why they should trust you and why they should return to keep on supporting you.
- 24 hour availability of the information your customers need. These days, people can wake up in the middle of the night and quickly start browsing on their smartphone about something they need the next day. If you can provide them with the information they need at any time they want the chances are good that they will give your business a second thought.
- Brand building is enormously important because your customers want to check you out and one of the best ways to allow them to do it is to build a brand that people recognize and trust. Your business good name should do your selling for you and that cannot happen if your customers cannot find you online!
- The area covered for your business goes much further than just around town. Customers from anywhere in the country can asses and review your products and services and this could easily open up new doors and opportunities for your business.
- Reviews by other customers could be of huge benefit. When you run a good honest business your customers will likely share these great experiences and new potential clients will always feel more assured if they see there are many happy customers. They then know their chances of being satisfied are also good.
- Providing your current and new customers with valuable information about your product or service is always a winner. They can in the comfort of their home read, compare and think about your product without feeling pressured by a sales consultant to make quick decisions.
I’ve share only a couple of reasons why your small business needs an online presence. The list just goes on and on.